Experience and expertise from over 150 scenario projects underpin Capful’s proprietary Scenario Builder™. We use our algorithm-based tool in scenario work to build logical, plausible and differentiated scenarios and to bring out novel viewpoints to inspire futures thinking. Scenario Builder produces an interactive scenario map that visualises the scenario space and speeds up comparison of alternative scenarios.
Scenario Builder in scenario work
The future is open, but not empty. We all have different presumptions, perceptions and expectations regarding the future. Both analytical and creative thinking and methods are needed to be able to make sense of the numerous, intertwined forces driving change in the external environment. Scenarios enable such sensemaking. In scenario work, the drivers of change and their alternative developments in the multifaceted operating environment form an information space that Scenario Builder helps organise and analyse. With the user-friendly tool, it is possible to easily alter or adjust the different change drivers and their development paths and instantly see the impact of these adjustments. Various assumptions can be tested in real time.
Scenario Builder relies on consistency analysis – to assess the interdependencies and logical consistencies between alternative scenarios – as well as mathematical algorithms that together produce a set of initial scenarios illustrated in an interactive map. The tool helps compare the differences and similarities between the alternative scenarios and select persuasive, logical and thought-provoking alternatives for further examination.
How does Scenario Builder work?
- Draws on consistency analysis to evaluate interdependencies between key uncertainties and their alternative developments in the external environment
- Produces all plausible scenarios based on the alternative developments and their combinations
- Analyses differences and similarities between the scenarios
- Organises the scenarios in clusters emphasising their differences and similarities, whilst also highlighting unconventional, thought-provoking scenarios
- Provides an effective illustration of alternative scenarios by visualising them on an informative, interactive scenario map
Contact us to learn more about how we use Scenario Builder in scenario and strategy work.Contact us to learn more about how we use Scenario Builder in scenario and strategy work.